Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Signs of Halloween

1. A gigantic orange spider spinning a web in your backyard. This web was huge! It spanned two trees that are at least five feet apart if not more! With the evening sun backlighting it, the spider looked like it was glowing orange!


2. Kids are being forced to pose with pumpkins in the pumpkin patch for a "great fall picture" (my kids are especially subjected to this.)


3. A terrified infant is stuffed into a fake pumpkin.

(and here is Luke in the fake pumpkin three years ago)
These kids don't think the pumpkin pot is nearly as cute as I think it is.




4.  FLETCHER'S!!! I prefer to eat them at the state fair, but due to all our illnesses the past weeks, we didn't get to go. However, we lucked out because there was A FLETCHER'S BOOTH AT THE PUMPKIN PATCH!!!
Luke scarfed this one down and asked for another. Aww! I'm a sucker for a corny dog.


5. Babies in ridiculous costumes.

Don't ask about the fork. It was making him smile, okay??
This was Luke's costume when he was a baby and we (Luke & I) thought it would be fun to dress Will in it.
Will did not think it would be fun (remember the fork?)

I think the part he hated most was that his feet were trapped in it. He couldn't move like he normally does, so he was pretty much stuck wherever I put him.
Until he fell over--see that little patch of white flowers/weeds next to him up there??

See them now?? Fell over. Poor guy.
Gee, there is just something about pictures of kids showing raw emotion that I think is so cute! Bad mommy--taking a picture of the baby crying. That is -10 mommy points.  Don't worry, I snapped it quick and comforted him. He was over it in a snap (pun intended)! See??

And of course, how could I leave this out of my post??
Luke in the pea costume!
6.  Pumpkins, pumpkins, and pun'kins.


The tractor in this picture makes it look like we were really out on the pumpkin farm.



Will loved riding in the wagon.



A bad shot because his head is cut off but he was trying to lift the pumpkin and making this guttural, primal sound that made me laugh so hard I lost focus on the camera.


Why so many shots of Will and none of Luke? Well, Luke did his time and posed for a few obligatory shots before running off to play. Will, unfortunately, did not have that option.












No comments: