Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Looking a bit like Christmas around this place. ..

After Thanksgiving, Geno climbed up in the attic to drag out all our Christmas stuff. I don't think Luke really remembers anything about Christmas last year so he was real excited to find out what was in all these tubs and boxes.








He didn't get to help decorate the tree that night--bedtime snuck up on us. However, he has helped me to redecorate it every day since--sometimes more than once.

We did plug it in and let him see the lights before he went to bed.

Here's the finished product:


Just for fun--here's some pictures of some other decorations that I like this year.

The mantle:

Our entryway table:

And finally, our wreath. This one I am especially proud of because I made it myself. It is my version of a wreath I saw in the Sur la Table catalog. (mine is fake = will last for years & cost significantly less) Mine is the first picture and the catalog one is the second (my professional photography skills might make it hard to distinguish)

No comments: