Monday, March 16, 2009

Luke's new hat

One of Luke's favorite spots is to perch on the window sill. He eats there, he drinks there, sometimes just contemplates whatever it is two year olds contemplate. I love comparison shots, so here you go. . .

my baby sometime in his first year. .. .




my little man now. . . .



His toes reach the ground!!!!
I walked in on Luke the other day in his playroom to find him up on the table playing with his Little People barn. While I don't usually let him play on top of the table I thought it was cute enough to get a few snaps before helping him get down. After I uploaded the photos on to the computer Luke and I were browsing through them. When I came to the ten or so shots of him up on the table he said "uh-oh, no, no." Yeah, uh-oh! You got caught buddy!






At the end of February, Gene ran the Cowtown Half Marathon. Luke, Juli, and I were all ready to go downtown to cheer him on but, unfortunately, the weather prevented us from going. Freezing temperatures with strong wind gusts convinced us to stay home. We were all ready to cheer for Daddy when he came home. I made a big meal of pulled pork roast, fried potatoes, pasta salad, beans. We cooked and ate all day. Luke was real impressed with Daddy's medal. We had to go dig out a medal for Luke to wear. When Luke was a baby, he got a medal for doing the 1mi Turkey Trot in Fort Worth. It was just a little trinket stamped with a sponsor's logo for the kids. Funny though, the date on the medal is 2006. Must have been leftovers from the previous year. Apparently, Luke won a race in utero. What a champ. Here they are posing with their medals. Couldn't get the boys to smile at the same time, so I'll just post two pics--one with Daddy smiling, one with Luke smiling.






Luke LOVES going to school. He learns so much. Last week they learned about elephants. Luke made an elephant mask and is showing us how to use it.




He is also learning about sharing. This is Luke sharing his animal cookies with Mommy. He is walking them over the table to me.









We've started down the path to potty training around here. Luke is well aware of his potty and what it is for. He's not quite old enough to be focusing too much on it, but we talk about it and look at it and all the things that go with it. Pull-ups. Well, he hasn't figured out much what to think about them, but he loves doing the pull-up hokey-pokey. He puts his left leg in, he takes his left leg out, he puts his left leg in, he takes his left leg out. He puts his head in. HAT!!! Pull-ups are now referred to as hats by Luke. When he sees one, he shouts "HAT!!!" and puts it on his head. I think maybe his daddy put him up to this. I fear they will never make it to their appropriate destination.


This is the goldmine for blackmail. . .









No comments: