Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Special Date with Luke

Today was my special date with my Luke. We started off with lunch at BJ's. We brought along the Pigeon game to play while we waited for our food. The waitress gave me the stink eye a few times for having the game spread out all over the table, but, seriously? It was barely eleven and we were the only people in the restaurant for at least the first thirty minutes we were there. We weren't taking up a table for waiting customers. 

AND we ordered desert. 

AND we were super cute and had impeccable manners. 

Luke had macaroni and cheese, homemade root beer, and one of those cookies with ice cream on top. He gave it two thumbs up and a fist pump. (I swear I don't let him watch Jersy Shore. I don't know where the fist pump came from??!?) 


Then we headed on to our movie. Luke is the Cars franchise's number one fan. He has been wanting to see Cars 2 since we first heard it was in the making. Today was our big day that we've been counting down to. I had heard some not-so-good reviews that it had a lot of violence and wasn't a great story line, but I couldn't go back on my promise. How on earth was I going to convince him to go see Mr. Popper's Penguins when there was a Cars movie available? Have you seen how many cars he has? Did you know he wants to be a race car driver when he grows up? We talk on a daily basis about being 16 to go to driving school.



He doesn't get to go to the movies that often. (He can thank his little brother for that one. . .) Of course I had to be super mom and get him the kids combo (popcorn, soda, AND candy!) at the theater even though I just let him eat a chocolate cookie sundae. He's just so sweet--how could I say no?

 Sheesh! He looks like he's seven or something in that picture!


Okay, there he is, back to my four-year-old. Whew.

Anyway, he enjoyed the movie. He loved all the fast driving and didn't seem too confused by the story line. He got real annoyed when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the movie. The violence didn't seem to bother him, but, tonight at dinner he started asking what a bomb was and what it could do to you. Then he wanted to know why they put the bomb on Mater. Tough questions to answer.

Happy July 4th! By the way. . . Whoever feeds the baby blue icing, gets diaper duty for the next 48 hours. Just saying.

No comments: